DONATIONS ARE NOW ACCEPTED WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT|
BUT ARE LIMITED IN THE AMOUNT ANY INDIVIDUAL DONOR CAN BRING.
We are now open every Sunday (10 AM-2 PM) except for holidays like Thanksgiving weekend.|
Donated items must be on the list below of acceptable items.
Since we have limited warehouse space for furniture, a donor can not bring more than:
5 large pieces (couch, arm chairs, dine tables, dressers, desks, etc.)
10 other pieces of small furniture
15 boxes/bags of small items such as clothes, linens, toys, dishes.
If you have questions please email a picture of the item. Our phone is a landline and can not accept a text message.
We thank you for your understanding as this world tries to return to a less crazy time.
We do not offer pickup service.
You can hire anyone you wish but we offer the following suggestions:
• College Hunks Hauling Junk (Nancy or Deb) (908-842-0858)(If you are in their franchise area)
• Holte and Associates (Ray Holte) (908-247-9589).
• Map Trucking (Abe) (908-654-6940)
• 1-800-Got-Junk (1-800-Got-Junk,1-800-468-5865)
The above companies have access to the building and can pickup anytime.
They are independant companies that set their own prices, schedules and procedures.
Others must bring the items when we are open.
|Items that we need (and do not need).|
|Please check our Home page for additional limits for this coming Sunday. (Updated each Wednesday.)|
|We normally accept||We do not accept at this time|
|Living Room Furniture
futons with mattresses
small coffee tables
Patio or outside furniture (accepted May 1 to August 31 only)
Large entertainment centers
Old style TV Armoires
Glass top furniture of any kind. (Our clients have young children)
Patio or outside furniture (not accepted September 1 to April 30)
|Dine Tables & Chairs||China Cabinets
|King size mattresses, headboards or frames(metal frames for split box are fine)
any mattress with stains on either side
Large particle board Bed/Desk/Dresser combos,
|Modern Cribs||Old style drop-side cribs|
|Desks wider than four feet.|
|Toys, dolls, games, clean stuffed toys||Incomplete games or dirty/broken toys, dolls or stuffed toys|
|Linens||Window blinds or shades
wall hangings or their hanging brackets
|Small Appliances-mixers,blenders,food processors,etc.||Large Appliances
small appliances with heating coils
|Clothes and Shoes||Ripped or excessively worn Clothes or Shoes|
|Children's books and Cook Books||Other Books, Magazines or Newspapers|
|Baby items and Clothes (Must conform to the current safety standards)||Car Seats of any age
Other baby items that do not meet current safety rules.
|Dishes, glasses, bowls, pots, pans, utensils||Chipped dishes, worn pots/pans (incomplete sets are fine)|
|Lamps(make sure they work), Mirrors in frames||Mirrors w/o frames,Picture frames w/o pictures, small family photo frames|
|Working Flat screen TVs (tape power cord & remote to the TV)||No other electronics at this time, No Old style TVs, even if they work|
|Area Rugs with bound edges (9'x10' or less)||Large Area Rugs or Installed carpets without bound edges|
|Small decorative items
|No decorative items at this time
No holiday items at this time
No unassembled or disassembled furniture
No pianos or organs
No power tools or other items that are dangerous to operate
No medical items hospital beds, Stair climbers or any medicines(See note below)
No perfumes, beauty items, medicines, food, paints or other flamables
Any item not on the "we accept" list
Anything else that you would not have in your home if you still needed the item
We currently suggest if the donation is:
• outside of New Jersey, visit http://www.furniturebanks.org/ to find a furniture bank near you.
• in Essex County, call East Orange Community Development 973-266-5315.
• in Essex County, contact thewarehouseNJ (info@thewarehouseNJ.org) or 917-837-1315.
• in Mercer County(Princeton), call Home Front. 609-989-9417 or www.homefrontnj.org.
• in Monmouth County, call Love, Inc 732-222-1923.
• in the eastern part of Route 46 (Paterson, Jersey City, Bayonne, Teaneck, Fort Lee), call Fr English Community Center 973-881-0127.
• in Morris County, call Interfaith Furniture 973-477-1262 or (www.interfaithfurnishings.org).
• in the Trenton area, call The Rescue Mission of Trenton 609-695-1436 or (www.rescuemissionoftrenton.org).
• construction supplies, call Habitat for Humanity http://www.habitat.org/ (click "find a re-store").
• Medical Supplies including hospital beds, call Pluckemin Medical Mission 908-396-6057 or ppch.org/get-involved/medical-equipment.
• Medical Supplies, call Afya Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org.